Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ouch

Mission failed!

Today, was seriously the most free day I had in Seoul. I mean I know my around the city, and I decided on not really doing anything during the day -_-! Well let me re-phrase this a little.

I fully wake up and get out of bed at 9:00am, which is pretty late considering everyone else is awake by 7, and breakfast by 7:15. I eat breakfast by myself while watching my aunt and uncle get ready to go out. They leave, and I decide to lounge around the house for about 3 hours, checking my e-mail and actually getting to talk to Brad and ESTHER CHONG (about time I talk to her, after all she is in the same city as me right now, 5,000 miles away from home!)

As I'm trying to decide whether I should wear some summer heels or not, I decide on wearing them. BAD CALL! I tried walking around the house with them for a few minutes, thinking if I am okay now, I'll be okay for the rest of the day... Oh boy was I wrong.

I make it to Sinchon, the city where Yonsei University is located; its around a 45 minute subway ride and a 15 minute walk to the acutal main gates of the university. I'm on a search for a memory card on my trip towards Yonsei, it's getting ridiculous not being able to buy one. No luck, POOP! I go to then check out which buildings my two oreintations are going to be held, just to make sure I don't get lost. GAH! My feet died literally. I have 2 blisters on each foot, making it a total of a whopping 4 BLISTERS! UGH!

I rush back home because I can't stand the pain anymore and I get a call from my uncle asking me where I am, I tell him I'm going back home, but leaving again later. I guess in Korea once you leave the house there really shouldn't be much reason to come back home. Well... I think this is particualy with my uncle's house because his house is located on the other side of the Han River.

Either way, I was the first to come back home before my aunt started dinner. It was so delicious, some home-made koh-loh-keh, the fried pastry that I had yesterday on the street and some mo-mil guck-su. YUM! I loved home cooked food, surprisingly they haven't taken me out to any DELCIOUS restaurants (probably because it's finals week in Korea and my aunt starts guilt tripping for not giving extra attention to my cousin during these times).

Anywho, I go out again, and I meet up with my friend Esther Park who is attending Sook Dae College during the summer. She takes me around Sook Dae to some shops and a yummy waffle house. It was pretty good, but I think there are better ones around Korea f'sho. I also ending up buying a gorgeous cream bag, YAY! I love the service in Korea because you get a whole bunch of free stuff when you do buy something, but I think this is only at certain stores.

After getting ready and meeting more of Esther's friends we went to Itaewon, the #1 tourist city in Seoul. There are practically more foreigners there than there are Koreans. We went to a trans-gender club called Musseo, haha so much fun. It was ladies night meaning that ladies get into the club for free and get FREE DRINKS! I didn't go too nuts, I had a Tom Collins, Rum Coke, Jin Vodka, and a cup of beer. I tried a chugging contest with a guy named Mike, but he drank that stuff in like 3 gulps while it took me 20 to finish hahaha! Ended up not going home that night and instead spending it at Esther's place because the subways stopped running and there was no way I was going to take a long ass taxi ride across the Han River by myself while being drunk.

At the club its pretty chill, since we were at a place filled with foreigners people were still grinding as they do in America. From what I hear the Korean boys DON'T grind, they actually dance! What I found interesting is that I have never seen so many black guys ever in Korea. I think its a perfect for Chonge (who I have yet to see).

Until next time, Ahn-Nyong.

No comments: