Simple pleasures.
My second week in Washington D.C., and I'm still loving it.
I'm excited because July has finally arrived! This would be my second 4th of July weekend that I am spending in our nation's capital, and I'm ecstatic more than ever before. 4th of July is one of my most favorite holidays because of the simple family traditions we do at home to celebrate. I'm definitely going to be missing my mom's bomb homemade steak and salsa meal while watching the fireworks that go off right below the Heights at Shepard of the Hills Church; our balcony provides the perfect view of fantastic sparkly fireworks. This year, looks like I'm celebrating with Lincoln and Obama! :)
Like I stated before, with all the walking that has to be done within D.C., I definitely feel myself losing some weight. Luckily, compared to what I expected, the weather is actually cooler than I expected during this time of the year, but *knock on wood. I'm the type of person who can just be sitting and start to sweat in humid weather. I have decided against getting a gym pass membership, instead I'll simply walk large amounts everyday. YAY.
I believe that my experience in Washington is my prep period transitioning into my 4th year. As many people know, I have lived my entire college career until next year in Mesa Court. Lucky for me, I'm finally leaving Mesa and moving into Newport North! As of now, the apartment lifestyle in D.C. makes me reminisce about my freshmen year in the dorms in Prado, where my suitemates and I used to make simple sandwiches because we were so sick of eating in Commons. I love sandwiches! For now, I truly enjoy eating my sandwiches on whole wheat break with spinach, swirly colby jack cheese, fried egg or extra thin sliced oven roasted turkey meat, and tomatoes - yummy in my tummy! I will update more on what my next favorite creation is once I'm sick of these sandwiches.
Oh! I learned something amazingly sweet today - in Washington D.C., there is NO sales tax on chocolate! mwhahahaha!
Talk to you later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment