I can't believe I am officially in WASHINGTON D.C.!!!
My first day in D.C. :)
- Took the red eye flight from LAX with my two roommates - Michelle and Jamie
- Transferred flights in Pittsburgh (which is in Pennsylvania, if you did not know)
- CVS Shopping
- Went to Potbelly (mmm...tasty)
- Rode the Metro!
- Pillow shopping for Jamie at Metro Center
- Safeway Shopping
- NAP TIME!
Okay, so I have officially been in D.C. for a week now, and I really love the city. Living here for a whole 10 weeks sounds so surreal. I know that when I go back home to California, it's going to be very weird ... something I won't like.
I appreciate all the finer things in life when I'm walking around in D.C. I think what makes me dislike my hometown and Irvine too is the fact that nothing is within walking distance. Everything in D.C. is walking distance from each other. Really, the only reason people take the metro is because it'll save around 10 minutes of your commute time. I enjoy walking everywhere! Also, another observation is all the buildings are so beautiful; D.C. definitely does a good job combining both detailed architecture with modern twists. The weather for now is very bearable, but I know that will change soon especially in July and August.
Another concept that is very new to me is taking a nap during the middle of the day! I love it! I finally understand how my freshmen now sophomore residents survived all of last year, while I went nuts with the lack of sleep I was getting.
That's all for now.
Stay tuned.
As life in our nation's capital continues.
All my pictures are posted on my facebook. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
coooool
I'm glad you're having a great time! soak it up!
xx
Post a Comment