Throughout my four years at UCI, never have I ever seen such passion and unity within the students. Currently, there is a rally going on with hundreds of UCI students marching around ring road, incredible solidarity. We need more students to support because this student fee increase affects ALL students from undergraduate to graduate students or first to four years. I got the same reactions for most of the other students - a sensation of having an extreme amount of UCI pride.
Of course here I am, wanting to support the rally with my fellow peers, but sitting in class with a firey passion to get out of here. I past by a lecture full of obedient students who are squeezing every penny for their education and time with their professor. One of my professors, Professor Chemerinsky always emphasizes that the student fees we pay are paid for our professors' time. Maybe not coming to class would have been a better idea, there is no TA here. Ugh.
ZOT. Whose unversity? Our University!
California is #1 in building prison and #48 in education. Perfect.
Update: My TA was at the protest. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment