Thanksgiving 2009.
Every year during Thanksgiving and the holidays I go through similar emotions. Thanksgiving is definitely the time to re-think about what and who I am grateful to have in my life. Like the other 234,203,948,209,480,934 million +1 people in the world, I am blessed to be in a loving, healthy family. I don't think I get enough opportunity to even say Thank you, I love to you to my parents or younger brother.
I had this feeling ever since I returned from D.C., my conscience is telling me that I should spend as much time with my family as possible. Then again... here I am in my final year at UCI - getting ready of entering the real world, away from home, focusing myself past a comfort zone and preparing for the worst to leave my cuckoo nest. I guess this just means, I can NEVER be away from home during the holidays unless under extraneous circumstances.
So after Thanksgiving comes what? Black Friday!
Went shopping with my family, but it was basically me and my mom in our element. I love my mama, so beautiful. Don't get the idea that I love my dad or younger brother any less, but something about that bond between a daughter and mother is something NO ONE can ever replace, not just because we went shopping, but just with my connection with my mom in general. Don't get me wrong, my mom and I have had our fair share of minor ups and downs as any relationship and I would still consider her old-fashioned and conservative, but that is my mama and no one can ever take her place. God Bless.
Thanks Mama. Love you Umma. <3
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment