For the past few months, I kept searching for the answer of what I want to do after I graduate (as stated in my previous posts), and WHY I wanted to partake in particular programs.
I think I FINALLY figured it out! Hurrah!
I need to really focus back on to the vision I have for myself - wanting to really empower other people. Focusing on my personal leadership, I need to do this for myself as well - I need to really empower myself and have faith that I can do what others have done i.e. apply to a prestigious law school, get accepted into fellowship programs, go participate in AmeriCorps.
Through the different positions I have partaken in on campus during college, have for some reason had a common theme of helping others especially freshmen. Many of the positions I have had obtained deal with mentoring and seeing other people succeed. My focus is to continue helping others who may need to overcome situational difficulties. I am a first-generation college student who understands the challenges my parents have overcome in order to succeed within the U.S. I understand the different needs that students have and really want them to succeed. My goal is to help people who do not have the advantage of that others have and make an impact within the fields of international or immigration law.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment