Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Optimism & Strength

Recently, more than ever before, I feel like work has been stressing me out more than it should be, and I feel that I have been continuously whining or contemplating about this issue for the past week and a half.  This was the first time I believed that my strengths are and were to some degree hindering my performance and expectation to do well at work and in school.  I am NOT a quitter and I just need to refocus my energy on the positives and be optimistic about life.  I think that these emotions are a mixture of everything that I am experiencing right now in life - or entering my new life aka the real world.

Things that make me smile
500 Days of Summer

Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Happy 29th Birthday JGL!
Photo by:  Dustin Beatty
Celebrity is giving into the idea that certain people are better than others, and I say: fuck that, we’re all people." “We’re all beautiful. We all deserve attention.”  - Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Anthem Magazine
There is something about his man - his charm, sophistication, and ability to express his firm ideas and thoughts attracts me to him.  We went to the same high school and are both from the Valley.  PLUS, how can we forget his killer good looks and boyish/nerdy charm.  SWOON.

These amazing people. 
Mesa Court RAs 2008-2009
I felt really nostalgic after watching the amazing RA DVD that Boggy and Eman produced.  I had the same tears flowing thinking about the past year that we accomplished together as a team, and to know that we have all moved on from that experience into a more positive future.  We had that common bond, a title and position that forced us to really support and depend on one another, allowing us to all be on the same page with one another.  After watching the DVD, I had a somewhat new sense of what I wanted with my final year at UCI and how much I appreciated my experience with these 28 other amazing people.  Looking back at last year, it really made me focus on the positives that I have to look forward to for the rest of this year - focus on the positives again, get over this hump.

*Note: They are of course all invited to my wedding! LaughOutLoud!

Peace y'all.  Have a FANTASTIC week! 

No comments: