Today, my mom and I went to the to purchase some makeup and nail polish at Macy's. I usually don't need to buy make up too often, but it's always fun seeing what new products are on the market and whatnot. For the most part when I'm shopping, I like to be left alone - if I needed assistance I'll ask. I know that employees are just doing their job, trying to be sincere and maybe get some commission when they do approach customers, and I politely either respond "No, we're just looking around" or proceed to actually ask them a question. When shopping with my mom, there are times when my mom's English gets jumbled, so it's easier for her when I just ask the questions that need to be answered.
As we are shopping and looking around, this one lady consistently approaches us asking if there is anything she can do to help. Every time I respond, "No, we're just looking around". Well it becomes time to ask the questions and start buying the specific products we wanted. We needed two things - a lip stick and nail polish. This lady spends 10 minutes searching for the lip stick and looking like she really didn't know what she was doing, ends up telling us that they ran out of the color we wanted. Fine. I ask her about the nail polish, and finally begins to ring our bill at the cash register. As any other Macy's employee, she asks if we would like to open a Macy's credit card and get whatever percent interest/discount. My mom and I both politely respond, "No, thank you." Of course, this employee asks again, "Are you sure? You can get whatever discount." We both again say no and my mom adds that we are not interested.
THEN, this lady has the audacity to ask, "Does [your mom] not have social security?" WTF. Why are people so ignorant?! Just because a person has an accent and are not interested in your damn credit card definitely does NOT equate to being an illegal immigrant. I'm pretty sure I first gave her the shocked face, then proceeded with a huge stank eye. My mom and I both walked away looking at each other baffled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment