Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So little time...

I thought this title would be appropriate seeing that the half way point of spring quarter is today! Time has definitely flown by at 35468432164 mph. I feel like this "time flying by" issue happens every year (because it actually does!). The older you get the more responsibilities you receive, the less time you have in your life for yourself.

I also say time flies because today is also Obama's 100th day. There is still a surreal feeling about having Obama as the President, I think I am still stunned that we have our very first black male president. I was thinking how fast his first terms is going to end, with a blink of an eye the 2012 presidential elections will begin. I am definitely in awe for his confidence and achievements. Go Obama.

I am going to miss my residents. I had become very indifferent and to some extent bitter about being a RA at the end of last quarter and the beginning of this quarter. BUT, alas, reality has finally hit me in the face telling me that I have around 4 1/2 weeks left with them, for them to be at my fingertips, run around the hall at midnight, for them to yell Mama D, Delicious, Delia at all levels, etc. I'm going to miss them. Talking about our farewell Puente Banquet makes me very sad, the end of a long year is always bittersweet, but saying goodbye to what you have seen grown is tough. I always knew from Day 1 ever since I met my residents I was going to cry at the end of the year, truthfully talking about the banquet with the committee of residents brings tears to my eyes. I know this sounds sappy, but too bad it is the truth. If you know me, I'm not one to hold in my tears very well.

I learned a lot more about myself through this experience - about the different pressures I can handle, what and who really pisses me off, how I can truly affect others, and so forth. I must say without my residents, who knows how my life would have changed.

4 1/2 weeks, here we go.
Make the most of it and create the memories!
I'm excited.

No comments: