Rants, rants, and more rants.
I understand that I am an RA and what the job entails - enforcing housing policy and creating a community within my hall, but nowhere in this job description does it say take sh*t from your residents. I am truly sick and tired of hearing these freshmen whine about stupid stuff, complain, and disrespect me. I am definitely a person they can come to for information, problems, just to talk, but in no way am I going to take any of this bullshit they are feeding me.
I feel that my residents are at this state where they are so comfortable with me that they do not understand the boundaries they cross. I am not saying I am all high mighty and powerful because of the position I am in, but I am definitely not here to be offended. The whole point of college is to actually GROW UP! Seriously. I never thought of my residents are merely residents just fresh out of college. The older you get the more responsibility you acquire, I am not sure if my residents understand this concept. However, don't get me wrong, not all my residents get on my nerve, and you cannot blame me when I can truly say some residents annoy me. Honestly, they bother me, but this is the job I signed up to do - have no private life.
I am definitely only focusing on the negative aspects of my residents. This year is one year I will never forget. There were so many 'firsts' I've done with my residents, and I have gone through thick and thin. I hope I get over this phase soon, I need to get some programming done. -_-.
Adios.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment