We all have read those amazing 'self-less acts of kindness' stories that creates a dramatic change and gives a fresh breath to society...do you know what I'm talking about? You know, the stories that are written about what one person is doing whether it be raising a ton of money to support a cause, experiencing a totally different lifestyle to help support someone/something, etc. You have to know what I'm talking about now right?
I've read so many of those stories about how this one person can make such a powerful impact to those around them, and at the end of reading these articles I always think "Wow... what can I do to create that impact? How can change start with me?" I also think, "Am I being selfish right now, in order to achieve a 'successful' life?" because I'm not necessarily doing the great things that other people are doing...? I don't know. I definitely know there are times when I take a lot of things I have in my life for granted; I sometimes forget how thankful I should be to be born into my family and to have the support of my parents and aunt for this wonderful life. I recently read a story about a guy, Ron Zaleski who walks around barefoot and helps veterans from committing suicide. He has an interesting story, it's definitely unique. I'm not sure if I would use his method to support our veterans, but this is his way of creating change.
I want to be able to inspire others. Some people would say being a teacher would be good because I do want to work with students and allow them to see the potential in themselves, but I don't want to become a teacher. I really want to get to the source of the problem with our education system, how can I help change the policy, the core of our country's education system? I'm not interested in becoming a bureaucrat who pushes papers and just hands out orders left and right, someone who I would consider is not truly invested in really helping students. What can I do?! Think Delia, think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment