The first time I went to New York was when I was about 9 years old, it was the summer before I entered the 4th grade. My aunt, me, and my two cousins went on an east coast road trip from NY to DC, Virginia, West Virginia, Canada, and back to NY. Our trip was great, and like any other vacation it would have been memorable no matter what. The icing on top for this entire trip was when we "lost" our rental car, which had our passports and all our luggage the day before our flight back to LA.
It all went something like this...
We were watching Les Miserables on Broadway, so we parked our car in some sketchy alley looking street, Park Place. My aunt got Park Place and Park Ave. mixed up, so after the show all four of us spent 9 hours walking around NYC, sightseeing/shopping/looking for our car. We eventually got so desperate that we sought the help of New York's finest, NYPD. No luck there. We took one last attempt to try to find the car while in a taxi, and voila FOUND IT! Since it was too late to check into a hotel and our flight was in a the next 8 hours or so, we ended up sleeping in the car. hahah. As the youngest of our group I naturally was the whiniest and crankiest person by the end of the night. 9 hours walking around NYC + summer humidity + no bed = whiny and cranky 9 year old Delia.After all that, NY has become one of my favorite cities in the world (even if I haven't been to every city in the world). I hope I get to live there sometime, even for a little bit during my life time. I'm trying to even half jokingly/seriously convince my parents that we should relocate our family to the east coast once my brother is done with college and my parents start thinking about retiring. My parents are old school, and my dad always jokes that he and my mom are going to my a super sporty 2 seat convertible and live in the countryside. I think this cabin on the rooftop in NYC will do.
via cabbage rose


3 comments:
lol @ your parents moving to the country with a sports car... I think my dad has similar dreams!
I'm sure you'll make it happen one day... : )
(make NY happen, I mean)
Lets take a trip to NY deliciious.
Post a Comment